Disability Action Plan 2009-2013
Arts Victoria is currently revising its Disability Action Plan (DAP) for release in 2014.
While this process is occurring, Arts Victoria continues to implement actions from the Arts Victoria Disability Action Plan 2009-13.
Highlights to date include:
- The release of the Picture This Research project.
- Contributed to the development and implementation of the National Arts and Disability Strategy and the State Victorian Disability Plan.
- Arts Victoria presented two forums: the Arts Development/Career Development forum in 2010, which focused on professional development and career pathways for artists with a disability; and the Who’s Coming? forum in 2012, addressing audience development and inclusive arts programming.
Access to Information
- Arts Victoria’s website now provides documents in numerous formats, and Auslan information.
- Arts Victoria’s funding process is more accessible and access costs can be included in funding applications.
- The ArtWORK program 2013-15, a partnership with Office for Disability and delivered by Arts Access Victoria, provides targeted professional development support for nearly 20 artists with a disability. Five further training sessions – addressing topics such as applying for funding and good governance – will be presented to artists with a disability.