The Indigenous Professional Development Program supports a range of opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts practitioners and arts workers residing in Victoria.
Funding is available to support arts practitioners and arts workers to attend significant national conferences, markets and events. Different opportunities will be offered throughout the year across art-forms, including literature, visual and performing arts.
The purpose of this program is to:
- support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artist/arts-worker representation nationally;
- support career development for professional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists/art workers; and,
- market and showcase the work of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists living in Victoria.
Queensland Festival of Photography Conference
Where: Brisbane, Qld
When: 23-26 April 2014
An opportunity exists for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander photographers and artists interested in or currently working in photo-media to attend the Queensland Festival of Photography 5 Conference: Photography and Fictions. For more information on the Conference go to:www.festivalofphotography.com.au/conference-photography-and-fictions.
Applications closed: 5pm Tuesday 11th February 2014
Adelaide Festival – Writers’ Week
Where: Adelaide, SA
When: 1-6 March 2014
An opportunity exists for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander writers (including playwrights, songwriters, editors and illustrators) to attend Writers’ Week cultural program and workshops as part of the 2014 Adelaide Festival. For more information go to: www.adelaidefestival.com.au/writers_week.
Applications closed: 5pm Thursday 19 December 2013
Opportunities listed under Current Opportunities in the Overview section are open for application. Application forms are unique for each opportunity offered through this program and will be available on this page as application opening dates approach.
Arts Victoria may accept proposals to attend other significant conferences and events. If you are seeking support to attend an event that is not listed, you can:
- Suggest an opportunity for consideration to include in the program by emailing us information about the event at least four months before it starts. (Please refer to the Overview page on the purpose of the program prior to submitting a proposal)
- Send a proposal for support to attend the event. All proposals to attend events/conferences must be discussed with the Program Manager prior to submission.
Applications for this program are assessed by Arts Victoria staff or an independent panel, depending on the nature of the opportunity provided.
Each opportunity offered through this program will involve different responsibilities, which will be outlined in your funding agreement with Arts Victoria. Please contact the Program Manager to discuss the responsibilities for each opportunity.
For further information about the Indigenous Professional Development Program, contact:
T: 03 8683 3138
T: 03 8683 3136