Information for All Applicants
If you are thinking of applying for Arts Victoria funding please read the pages in this section:
Top 10 Tips for Grant Applications
- Check this website. Everything you need to put together an application is here.
- Read the program guidelines thoroughly. They are key in determining whether your project fits.
- Speak to program staff about your application. Best to call well in advance of the closing date.
- Funding is competitive. Make sure you're eligible and that your application meets the guidelines and addresses all the assessment criteria.
- Budgets matter. Demonstrate that your project is viable and a good use of the grant money. Be realistic.
- Write in clear, plain English. Avoid the use of jargon, and don’t assume prior knowledge of who you are and what you do.
- Preparation matters. Invest time planning, reviewing and getting support for your project before submitting your application.
- Make your case. Use the application to prove your proposed project is viable, artistically exciting and worth the Government’s support. The onus is on you to make a compelling case.
- Make your artistic support material count. Choose material that is relevant to your application and best supports your proposal.
- Final check. Before submitting, get someone else to look over your application and budget.