Information for All Applicants
Changes to Arts Funding Programs
Arts Victoria's funding programs are changing from 1 July 2013. If you're a Victorian artist, arts organisation or group looking for support for your project, find out more about the changes or read the FAQs.
If you are thinking of applying for Arts Victoria funding please read the pages in this section:
View Auslan translation.
Top 10 Tips for Grant Applications
- Check the Arts Victoria website. Well done, you've come to the right place - everything you need to put together an application is here.
- Read the program guidelines thoroughly. They are key in determining whether your project fits.
- Speak to program staff about your application. Best to call at least two weeks before the closing date.
- Funding is competitive. Make sure you're eligible and that your application meets the guidelines and addresses all the assessment criteria.
- Budgets matter. Demonstrate that your project is viable and a good use of the grant money. Be realistic.
- Write in clear, plain English. Don't assume prior knowledge of who you are and what you do.
- Understand the context of funding. Check out who was successful in previous rounds by visiting the Funding Recipients page.
- Be prepared. Invest time planning, consulting and getting support for your project before submitting your application.
- Make your artistic support material count. Choose stuff that's relevant to your application and best backs up your proposal.
- Final check. Before submitting, get someone else to look over your application and budget.