Organisations Investment Program
Applications for funding through the Organisations Investment Program for 2014 to 2016 closed on 12 April 2013.
Applications for Developing Organisations and Established Organisations are currently being processed for assessment by Peer Advisory Panels, whose recommendations will be presented to the Minister for the Arts in August.
One of Victoria’s great strengths is its strong and diverse mix of arts and cultural organisations. The Organisations Investment Program is a significant part of the Government’s support for this sector.
Investment in the operation of arts organisations has a significant and sustained impact on their ability to leverage further investment and to generate earned income. This in turn enables organisations to deliver significant public benefits to the Victorian community by generating new artistic and cultural ideas, activities and services; engaging diverse audiences and participants; furthering Victoria’s national and international cultural profile; and contributing to Victoria’s economy.
The Program introduces three new categories, sitting alongside the existing Major Performing Arts Organisations. These categories offer multi-year funding within a tiered and transparent framework that better reflects the range and needs of Victoria’s arts and cultural sector.
For more information download the Organisations Investment Program Information Booklet in Word (12MB) or PDF (425KB).
- Developing Organisations - (a) and (b);
- Established Organisations
- Lead Organisations; and
- The Major Performing Arts Organisations
The Organisations Investment Program aims to contribute to the development and promotion of a thriving Victorian arts and cultural sector.
Through its investment in small to medium arts and cultural organisations, the Program will achieve outcomes that deliver public benefits across three areas:
- Artistic and Arts Sector Benefits – supporting excellence, diversity and innovation in artform and cultural practice.
- Social Benefits – growing and diversifying Victorian audiences and deepening their engagement with arts and cultural experiences.
- Economic Benefits –increasing the contribution that the arts and cultural sector makes to Victoria’s economy.
The program responds to three key objectives of the Arts Victoria Act 1972:
- developing and improving the knowledge, understanding, appreciation and practice of the arts in Victoria;
- increasing the availability and accessibility of the arts to the public in Victoria; and
- encouraging and assisting in the provision of facilities to enable the arts to be performed or displayed.
The program works with and is informed by the following:
- Multicultural Victoria Act 2011
- Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006
2013/2014 Annual Operations and Multi-year Operations Funding Recipients
With the introduction of the new Organisations Investment Program, funding beyond 2013 through Annual Operations and beyond 2013-14 through Multi-year Operations is no longer available.
Organisations currently funded through these categories through 2013 and up to 30 June 2014, can access all relevant reporting materials and resources here: