Touring Victoria supports and enables touring activity that provides regional and outer metropolitan communities with access to professional arts and cultural experiences.
The program aims to:
- ensure that people who live, work and visit regional and rural Victoria have access to a wide variety of arts programs and cultural experiences
- support Victorian-based presenters, creators, exhibition developers and artists to entrepreneur and deliver quality touring shows outside Melbourne and in doing so, build the strength and viability of the sector
- sustain main-stage Victorian touring circuits and support the development of new circuits that extend the reach and presence of arts throughout the State
Touring Victoria has three categories:
- Touring Grants - provides support toward the cost of touring a professional production, exhibition or program
- Guarantee Against Loss- provides financial security against unforeseen box office loss for approved volunteer presenters and performing arts venues that present professional performing arts productions in their region or as part of an itinerised tour.
- Indemnification - provides Government-backed, fully insured indemnity cover for temporary exhibitions at Victorian cultural institutions that have undergone a satisfactory risk management and site accreditation assessment.
Contemporary musicians and bands with regional touring proposals should apply for Contemporary and Live Music Development.