Applications to Arts Victoria's competitive funding programs go through the following process:
- Published program application deadline - all applications received by Arts Victoria.
- A letter is sent to applicants acknowledging receipt of their application.
- Arts Victoria program staff review applications and shortlist all eligible applications for consideration by an Arts Advisory PanelArts Advisory Panels are a standard method used by Arts Victoria in the grant evaluation process. They assess grant applications and make recommendations to the Minister for the Arts. Each Panel is comprised of representatives from across the arts industry and other relevant areas.. An application is considered ineligible if it is incomplete or does not meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the program guidelines. Where programs attract a high volume of applications (eg: the Arts Development and Contemporary and Live Music Development programs), Arts Victoria staff may suggest a shortlist of applications to the Panel.
- Panel members receive the funding applications to review prior to the assessment meeting.
- Arts Advisory Panel meeting. Panel members discuss and evaluate funding applications in a fair and consistent manner according to published evaluation criteria. This involves deliberations over 1-2 days depending on the number and complexity of applications.
- The Panel's funding recommendations are presented to the Minister for the Arts, including reasons for recommending that a proposal be funded, not be funded or be funded at a lower amount than requested.
- The Minister for the Arts makes final decisions and approves funding allocation.
- Applicants are notified in writing of approved results.
- Applicants seeking feedback on the result of their application are encouraged to speak to Arts Victoria program staff.