Arts Victoria's Client Survey
Each year Arts Victoria conducts a survey to measure how effective we are at meeting the needs of our clients - stakeholders who apply for grants.
The survey is conducted online and is anonymous. All artists and arts organisations that apply for funding in a given financial year, whether they are successful or unsuccessful, are invited to take part.
The 2011-12 survey was conducted in August 2012. It provided applicants with the opportunity to comment on the following:
- contact with staff
- communication and information resources
- grant application and assessment processes
- marketing and promotion activities
- perceptions of sustainability of arts practice in the broader economic context
The survey found:
Response to Arts Victoria staff and services continues to be positive in general.
- 82% to 92% of respondents agreed or strongly agreed with the statements that staff were accessible, well informed, helpful and courteous.
Graph 1 Satisfaction with Arts Victoria staff (agree/strongly agree) 2012
- Over a quarter of respondents were new applicants.
- 84% rated their understanding of the assessment process as adequate, good or excellent.
- 86% felt the assessment process was adequate, fair or very fair.
Marketing and publicity is important to a large majority of respondents:
- Almost nine in ten respondents (89%) rated marketing and publicity as important or very important for their organisation or arts practice. A further 7% rated it somewhat important.
Results suggest a high level of confidence in relation to the sustainability of arts practice in the broader economic context:
- Just over half (52%) felt that their performance over the last 12 months (2011-12) had been stronger than the previous 12 months (2010-11). 32% said performance had been about the same and only 15% said performance had been weaker.
- A larger majority (63%) felt that their performance would be stronger in the coming 12 months (2012-13). 26% thought it would be about the same and only 12% thought performance would be weaker.
This valuable feedback will assist Arts Victoria to improve our services to the sector; the type of information we provide, how we communicate and how we evaluate our funding programs.
Arts Victoria Client Survey 2012 (PDF, 164KB)
Arts Victoria Client Survey 2012 (DOC, 406KB)
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete Arts Victoria's Client Survey 2012.