Arts Victoria's Client Survey
Each year Arts Victoria conducts a survey to measure how effective we are at meeting the needs of our clients - stakeholders who apply for grants.
The survey is conducted online and is anonymous. All artists and arts organisations that apply for funding in a given financial year, whether they are successful or unsuccessful, are invited to take part.
The 2011-12 survey was conducted in August 2012. It provided applicants with the opportunity to comment on the following:
- contact with staff
- communication and information resources
- grant application and assessment processes
- marketing and promotion activities
- perceptions of sustainability of arts practice in the broader economic context
The survey found:
Response to Arts Victoria staff and services continues to be positive in general.
- 82% to 92% of respondents agreed or strongly agreed with the statements that staff were accessible, well informed, helpful and courteous.
Graph 1 Satisfaction with Arts Victoria staff (agree/strongly agree) 2012
- Over a quarter of respondents were new applicants.
- 84% rated their understanding of the assessment process as adequate, good or excellent.
- 86% felt the assessment process was adequate, fair or very fair.
Marketing and publicity is important to a large majority of respondents:
- Almost nine in ten respondents (89%) rated marketing and publicity as important or very important for their organisation or arts practice. A further 7% rated it somewhat important.
Results suggest a high level of confidence in relation to the sustainability of arts practice in the broader economic context:
- Just over half (52%) felt that their performance over the last 12 months (2011-12) had been stronger than the previous 12 months (2010-11). 32% said performance had been about the same and only 15% said performance had been weaker.
- A larger majority (63%) felt that their performance would be stronger in the coming 12 months (2012-13). 26% thought it would be about the same and only 12% thought performance would be weaker.
This valuable feedback will assist Arts Victoria to improve our services to the sector; the type of information we provide, how we communicate and how we evaluate our funding programs.
Arts Victoria Client Survey - PDF (163KB)
Arts Victoria Client Survey - Word (698KB)
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete Arts Victoria's Client Survey 2012.